Online registration - has now closed
Only on-site registration is possible, on Day 1 of conference, by credit card only.
The complete conference program is now available!. Click the "Program" menu above for full details of sessions and papers for each day (click the yellow buttofns).
This page includes information on registration procedures, pre-conference workshops, and conference dinner. For information about hotels, please look under Local information. Please note: registration is on a "first come-first served" basis; due to the high demand for this conference, the organizers reserve the right to limit registration (if needed) in order to ensure a positive conference experience for all presenters and participants within the available space.
The registration involves three steps:
- Step 1 Choose a registration fee category (everybody must pay, including presenters). Please read carefully through note 2 below to decide which of the three fee categories applies to you, and whether you are entitled to a reduced fee.
- Step 2 Choose if to participate in the conference dinner (optional, cost and details below)
- Step 3 Choose if to participate in a pre-conference workshop (optional, free, details below, note the working language!).
Step 1: Registration Fees (for credit card payments only, in U.S. Dollars)
|Registration Category||Early (closed!)||Regular||On site|
|(to 30 April 2015)||(1 May to 13 July 2015)||(22 July or later)|
|1. Members of IASE, ISI, or other ISI associations||$170||$190||$245|
|2. Non Members (to join IASE see Note 8)||$230||$250||$310|
|3. Reduced fees (see Note 2)||$85||$95||$125|
- All amounts in the table above are in U.S. dollars.
- Online registration ends: July 13, 2015. After that, only on-site registration is possible, on Day 1 of conference, by credit card only. For payment by bank transfer, see note 5 below. At least 1 presenting author from any accepted paper or poster should register by June 10 for the paper to be included in the program.
- Cancellation policy: Before you register, please be aware of our refund policy: Cancellation and refund policy
- Reduced fees: People from the following five groups are entitled to a reduced fee (i.e., to the fee listed in category 3 in the table above): students, primary and secondary school teachers, retired persons, delegates from the host country (Brazil), and delegates from any other developing country. If you belong to any of the above five groups you are entitled to a reduced fee, regardless of whether you are a member or a non-member of IASE/ISI/other ISI association. (For example, if you are from Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Colombia, or from any other country considered "developing", you are entitled to a reduced fee, even if you are not a member of IASE, ISI, or another ISI association). A list of all developing countries recognized by the ISI can be found here. Please check this list to decide if you are from a country that is entitled for a reduced fee.
- What the registration fee covers: Conference materials, admission to all sessions, opening and closing ceremonies, and coffee breaks. It does not include Lunch or Dinner. A Conference Dinner Ticket can be purchased separately - see Step 2 below.
- Currencies: All amounts in the table above are in U.S. dollars and cover payment by Credit Card only. Note: Credit card transactions are processed via the University of Otago system in New Zealand (this helps to lower our fees compared to local vendors) so when paying you will see the amount due converted to NZ dollars; your credit card statement should also show the charge in NZ dollars.
- Payments by bank (wire) transfer: These are possible only until July 12. bank transfers will be handled by the ISI Office in Holland (and are paid in Euro!) — see details of cost and process of payment by a bank transfer. We urge all delegates to pay by credit card only, to avoid extra costs. Please be aware that a bank transfer is more expensive for you since you also have to pay an extra transaction fee charged by your own bank, beyond the fee listed in the Details for bank transfers. We also incur more costs for such a payment.
- Registration of Authors of papers or posters: 10 June is the Final date for registration for presenting authors of papers or posters. At least one author for each paper or poster must be registered by that date, to enable its inclusion in the program. Papers without a registered author by June 10 will have to be removed.
- On-site payments: Will be possible using credit card payment only at the registration desk. No Bank cheques or cash will be accepted on-site, given extra taxes due to Brazilian laws.
- How to become a member of IASE: If you are not an IASE or ISI member and want to benefit from the “member” reduced rate, first sign up as a member via the IASE membership page, and only then register for the conference. The IASE membership fee is only 40 Euro for persons from developed countries, and 12 Euro for persons from developing countries, students, primary and secondary school teachers, and retired. Come join us!
Step 2: Conference Dinner (optional)
Fee: US$45 per person (if paid by credit card as part of the registration process) (Note: Fee for Dinner Ticket will be US$50 if paid on-site on July 22. All payments on-site will be by credit card only).
The conference dinner will take place on Day 2, July 23, at 20:00, at the famous Fogo de Chão restaurant (see link below), near UNIRIO, with a spectacular view of Guanabara Bay. Note: To reduce expenses, the cost listed above covers the dinner meal itself (which will include options for vegetarian or gluten-free meal), but does not cover drinks or desserts, given their cost implications and that not everybody wants these extras. Thus, participants interested in drinks or deserts will pay for them separately on their own at the restaurant, by cash or credit card.
Step 3: Pre-conference workshops (optional)
Fee: Free (no charge, courtesy of the sponsors, thanks!)
Five pre-conference workshops are offered. They are free for delegates *but* space is limited and pre-registration is required! Please note the workshop language and choose carefully, only one! Please register only if you really intend to attend the workshop, to make sure all places are filled as we anticipate high demand. Click here for further details about the workshops and presenters
|A||Estatística para todos: Minicurso de Probabilidade e Estatística para professores do ensino Fundamental e Médio (Statistics for all: A Probability and Statistics Short course for elementary and middle-school teachers)||Lisbet Cordani (Sao Paulo U., Brazil)||July 22||08:00–13:30||Portuguese, with support for Spanish speakers|
|B||Tratamento e análise de dados em sala de aula usando R (Data processing and analysis in the university classroom with R)||Felipe Melo (UNIRIO, Brazil)||July 22||08:30–12:45||Portuguese with support for Spanish speakers|
|C||Visualizando el significado del análisis de regresión lineal y multivariado||Alejandra Sorto (Texas State University)||July 22||08:30–12:45||Spanish|
|D||Introduction to Data Analysis and Visualization with JMP® Software from SAS||Mia Stephens||July 22||08:30–12:45||English|
|E||IPUMS and IDHS: Teaching statistics with free online data from international censuses and health surveys||IPUMS Team||July 22||08:30–12:45||English|
For information about hotels (lodging) or about Rio and travel to Brazil, please look under Local information. There you can also find information about the distance of the suggested conference hotels from the conference venue, transport advice, and more.
Registration has now closed.