The Conference Proceedings are now available on the IASE site.
Within the overall theme Advances in statistics education: developments, experiences, and assessments we will focus on these sub-topics:
- Topic 1. Motivating teachers and students,
- Topic 2: Big data, official statistics and statistics education,
- Topic 3: Advancing Statistical education using technology and mobile devices,
- Topic 4: Statistics education in the age of social networking and distance education.
The complete conference program is now available!. Click the "Programme" menu above to see full details of sessions and papers for each day (click the yellow buttons).
Presenters - please check when you are speaking. Note that talks are to be a maximum of 14 minutes, followed by 5 minutes for questions/discussion, and 1 minute for transition between speakers. Please plan your presentation and slides to fit this time-frame.
Key dates in 2015
|16 March||Registration for all participants opens|
|22 March||Final submission of refereed papers|
|30 April||Referee reports circulated to authors|
|30 April||Early (discounted) registration closes (regular fees start)|
|31 May||Final submission of non-refereed papers and poster abstracts|
|10 June||Final date for registration for presenting authors of papers or posters. At least one author for each paper or poster must be registered by that date. This is necessary to ensure that the IPC can finalize the program in a timely manner.|
|15 June||Final submission of revised non-refereed papers and revised poster abstracts for checking by the Editor of Proceedings|
|13 July||Regular (online) registration closes (after that date, only on-site registration is possible, extra fee, credit card only)|
|22-24 July||Satellite Conference|
|Opening Ceremony: from 14:30, 22 July;|
|End of the Satellite: by 18:00, 24 July.|
|(Note: pre-conference workshops on 22 July morning)|
|26-30 July||60th World Statistics Congress, Rio de Janeiro (Opening ceremony: early evening, 26 July)|
|1 October||Publication of Satellite Proceedings (on the IASE website)|
- Submission of papers for refereeing is optional and is offered for those authors whose abstract was accepted for an Oral presentation as a Paper. Maximum paper length is 6 pages (total, including all body text, references, etc), as explained in the Instructions for Authors on the conference website (see Notices on the top menu for Guidelines for Preparation of Manuscripts as well as other templates and documents).
- All accepted abstracts, and accompanying papers and posters, whether refereed or not, will be listed in the Online Conference Proceedings on the IASE website (see timeline above), if submitted by the dates listed above. For authors who will not submit a full paper, only the abstract will appear in the proceedings. Refereed papers will be designated as "Refereed Papers" inside the proceedings PDF file.
Call for papers
The call for papers has now closed. We have lots of interesting papers and posters lined up for the conference. Authors of these have been contacted with submission details for their final copies.