IASE at ISI
IASE Round Tables
Satellite: Assessing Student Learning in Statistics
Guimarães, Portugal 2007
Session 1 - Opening Session
Session 2A - Statistical Literacy and Assessment
- Assessing students' statistical literacy : Budgett, Stephanie, & Pfannkuch, Maxine
- Representations of data and manipulations through reduction: Competencies of german secondary students : Lindmeier, Anke M., Kuntze, Sebastian, & Reiss, Kristina
- Building statistical literacy assessment tools with the IASE/ISLP : Sanchez, Juana
- Statistical literacy: factual assessment to support hypothetical thinking : Schield, Milo, W. M.
- Can authentic assessment help in delivering competent consumers of statistics for non-academic professions : Schuyten, Gilberte & Ferla, Johan
Session 2A - New Methods - Different ways to assess (1)
- Designing open questions for the assessment of conceptual understanding : Broers, Nick J.
- Summative assessment strategies for statistical learning: development, administration, and scoring of authentic and performance assessments : Dickinson, Wendy B., Onwuegbuzie, Anthony J., Hines, Constance & Hall, Bruce W.
- Assessing statistical problem solving : Gibson, Liz, Marriott, John & Davies, Neville
- A techno-pedagogical design for assessment within the bologna reform: a cross-border experiment : Novegil Souto, José Vicente & De Sousa, Bruno C.
- An example of assessment being an integral part of a service course : Zetterqvist, Lena
Session 3A - Program Level Assessment
Session 3B - New Tasks - Asking different questions (1)
Session 4A - Writing in Assessment
Session 4B - Peer/Formative Assessment
- Empowering students to be the judges of their own performance through peer assessment : Bilgin, Ayse & Fraser, Sharon
- Weaving assessment for student learning in probabilistic reasoning at the introductory tertiary level : Macgillivray, Helen
- Fathoming student learning: a survey based approach using fathom surveys to formative assessment in an AP-statistics classroom : Parvate, Vishakha, Finzer, William, Gould, Robert & Beals, Cynthia
- Using peer assessment of project presentations to develop skills as consumers of statistical information : Sisto, Michelle
Session 5A - Research and Evaluation
- Enhancing student understanding in statistical inference: Assessing the effectiveness of a computer interaction : Francis, Glenda, Kokonis, Sue & Lipson, Kay
- Toward the development and validation of the reasoning about p-values and statistical significance scale : Lane-Getaz, Sharon J.
- Assessing student learning in first-year quantitative courses at Babson College: implementation and analysis : Mckenzie, Jr, John D. & Rybolt, William H.
- A study of discrepancies in the assessment of probabilistic tasks: Why might teachers grade and evaluate inconsistently a given answer : Nabbout, Marie
- Evaluating pedagogical techniques in introductory statistics: proficiency grading and assignment resubmission : Posner, Michael A.
Session 5B - New Methods - Different ways to assess (2)
- Using concept maps to assess pre-service teachers' understanding of connections between statistical concepts : Afamasaga-Fuata’i, Karoline & Reading, Chris
- Assessing undergraduate students of a statistics course in environmental science : Capilla, Carmen
- Embedding statistical assessment within cross-curricular materials : Ridgway, Jim, Nicholson, James & Mccusker, Sean
- Assessing the knowledge of future middle school teachers in statistics by lesson design : Sorto, M. Alejandra
- How much do we know about what our students know of statistics : Vega Quirós, María, Parrales, Antonio & Cardeñoso, José M.
Session 6 - New Tasks - Asking different questions (2)