The International Statistical Literacy Project (ISLP) is a project initiated by the International Association for Statistical Education➶ (IASE), which is the education section of the International Statistical Institute➶ (ISI).
The main objective of the ISLP is to contribute to promoting statistical literacy across the world, among young and adults, in all walks of life. To this end, we provide an online repository of international resources and news in Statistical Literacy, international activities to promote the resources and the individuals and institutions behind them, and outreach activities to increase awareness.
Contact the IASE Executive➶ or the ISLP Director Reija Helenius➶ by e-mail if you have any questions.
- Stats + Stories episode 145:Pets During Quarantine ➶
- Stats + Stories episode 144:'13 Reasons Why' Association with Youth Suicide
- Pak Institute of Statistical Training And Research (PISTAR) organizes an online training workshop "Tidyverse ggplot2 for Elegant Data Visualizations" on the 27th of June. For more information and registration, please contact email@example.com.
- Stats + Stories episode 141: A Better Way to Test for Coronavirus ➶
- Stats + Stories episode 140:Kid's Questions for a Statistician➶
- Read the story of the ISLP Advisory Board member, David Stern, and statistics here.
- Stats + Stories episode 139:The Lady With the Lamp➶
- Happy 200th Anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth! BBC Ideas shares her journey as a trailblazer in statistics. ➶
- Stats + Stories episode 138:The Decade of Statistics➶
- ISI will celebrate the 63rd International Year of Women in Statistics and Data Science! Join the online event on the 12th of May for various talks about Florence Nightingale!➶
- Japan is now participating in the 2020-2021 Poster Competition. Welcome and good luck!
- Stats + Stories episode 137:Birds of Probability ➶
- Stats + Stories episode 137:The Problem With Plastics ➶
- Stats + Stories episode 136: Observing Extreme Environmental Events➶
- The ISLP Resources page offers many valuable materials for distance learning and teaching. Latest addition: "Share your handwritten notes and sketches in ZOOM Meetings", by Andrej Blejec ➶.
- Stats + Stories episode 134: How To Be An Ethical Data Journalist ➶
- Indonesia now has a new Country Coordinator: Badrun Kurnia. Welcome!
- Stats + Stories episode 133: Statistics are a Human Right ➶
- Stats + Stories episode 132:Coronavirus Visualization ➶
- ISI has assembled a number of resources on the COVID-19 pandemic containing general information on the disease, daily updates from the World Health Organization, talks and preprints. The resources are available here: ➶
- Stats + Stories episode 131: Teaching Statistics ➶
- Stats + Stories episode 130: Florence Nightingale and Coronavirus ➶
- Indonesia now has a new Country Coordinator: Adi Cilik Pierewan, Welcome!
- Germany now has a new Country Coordinator: Tanja Ihden, Welcome!
- Malaysia now has a new Country Coordinator: Yong Zulina Zubairi. Welcome!
- The international winners of the ISLP Poster Competition and the Best Cooperative Project Award were announced at the ISI World Statistics Congress➶ on 18-23 August, 2019 in Malaysia.
- Singapore now has a new Country Coordinator: Yap Von Bing. Welcome!
- JMP/SAS will continue to sponsor the International Poster Competition in the year 2020-2021. Thank you very much!
- Dear Country Coordinators - some of the e-mails in our system seem to be faulty or expired. Have you not received any e-mails from us recently? Please reach out to us, if not, and we will update your e-mail address.
- The Statistics Video Presentations by the University of Otago have been added as resources for teaching and learning statistical analysis for data.
- ICME-14 is now accepting presentations for Topic Study Group on Statistics Education (TSG-12).
May 2020 Newsletter
Like us on Facebook!➶