The International Statistical Literacy Project (ISLP) is a project initiated by the International Association for Statistical Education➶ (IASE), which is the education section of the International Statistical Institute➶ (ISI).
The main objective of the ISLP is to contribute to promoting statistical literacy across the world, among young and adults, in all walks of life. To this end, we provide an online repository of international resources and news in Statistical Literacy, international activities to promote the resources and the individuals and institutions behind them, and outreach activities to increase awareness.
Contact the IASE Executive➶ or the ISLP Director Reija Helenius➶ by e-mail if you have any questions.
- Guinea has a new country coordinator: David Senzanje. Welcome!
- Japan has a new country coordinator: Akinobu Takeuchi. Welcome!
- Zimbabwe has a new Country Coordinator: Sean Sithole. Welcome!
- The preparations of Virtual ISI WSC 2021 are underway. Professor Kerrie Mengersen is the ISI President’s Invited Speaker at the Virtual ISI WSC 2021. The Contributed Paper/Poster Submission System is already open! The sponsorship and exhibition information is available for the Virtual ISI WSC 2021. Finally, the ISI has selected Worldspan to support in the delivery of the Virtual 63rd ISI World Statistics Congress. You can follow the ISI WSC 2021 on Twitter / Facebook➶ / Instagram!➶
- PISTAR has been running an online Sunday Series of Workshop on Machine Learning. You can watch a video recording of Part 4 of the workshop here➶
- Olvi-säätiö now supports the ISLP project. We have also received a new grant from Kansan Sivistysrahasto. A huge thank you to our supporters!
- Tomorrow, the 13th of December: join the PISTAR Online Workshop on Machine Learning, with Dr. Ayse Bilgin as the keynote speaker. More information and registration details here!
- Vietnam now has a new country coordinator: Phan Dinh Van. Welcome!
- Malaysia now have a new country coordinator: Yong Zulina Zubairi. Welcome!
- Special celebration event for the 200th Anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s Birthday will be organised on the 18th of November, with Dr. Noel-Ann Bradshaw as a speaker. More info here.
- The Third Annual Florence Nightingale Day (FN Day) by the Ohio State University will be organised as an online event on November 14th from 12-4 pm ET. Sign up here➶ and see the flyer here!
- A member of the Executive Board of the ISLP, Adriana D'Amelio, was invited as a guest speaker in the Universidad Mayor de San Andrés. Her topic was International Statistical Literacy. Congratulations Adriana!
- The PISTAR Celebration of World Statistics Day 2020 is now available to watch as a recording here➶ or here➶!
- Palkansaajasäätiö and Jenny and Antti Wihuri Foundation now support the project. Thank you very much!
December 2020 Newsletter
Like us on Facebook!➶