Online registration (now closed)
This page includes information on registration procedures, pre-conference workshops, and conference dinner. For information about hotels, please look under Local information.
The registration involves three steps:
- Step 1 Choose a registration fee category (everybody must pay, including presenters). Please read carefully through Note 2 below to decide which of the four fee categories applies to you, and whether you are entitled to a reduced fee. See Note 9 to determine whether you are eligible to apply for financial support to attend the conference.
- Step 2 Choose to participate in the conference dinner (optional, cost and details below)
- Step 3 Choose to participate in a pre-conference workshop (optional, free, presented in English, details below).
Step 1: Registration Fees
|Registration Category||Early||Regular||On site|
|to 30 April||1 May to 6 August||13–16 August|
|1. Members of IASE, ISI, or other ISI associations||145 €||165 €||200 €|
|2. Non Members (see Note 9)||195 €||215 €||260 €|
|3. Reduced fees – members (see Note 2)||65 €||75 €||90 €|
|4. Reduced fees – non-members (see Note 2)||79 €||89 €||99 €|
|5. Accompanying (no participation) (see Note 11)||Free||Free||Free|
- All amounts in the table above are in Euros (€).
- Online registration ends: 6 August, 2019. After that, only on-site registration is possible, on Day 1 of conference, by credit card only.
- At least 1 presenting author from any accepted paper or poster should register and pay the fee by 5 July for the paper to be included in the program.
- Cancellation policy: Before you register, please be aware of our refund policy: Cancellation and refund policy
- Reduced fees: People from the following five groups are entitled to a reduced fee (i.e., to the fee listed in categories 3 and 4 in the fees table above): students, primary and secondary school teachers, retired persons, delegates from the host country (Malaysia), and delegates from any other developing country. If you belong to any of the above five groups you are entitled to a reduced fee, regardless of whether you are a member or a non-member of IASE/ISI/other ISI association. A list of all developing countries recognized by the ISI can be found here. Please check this list to decide if you are from a country that is entitled for a reduced fee.
- What the registration fee covers: Conference materials, admission to all sessions, opening and closing ceremonies, lunch and coffee/tea breaks. It does not include Dinner — a Conference Dinner ticket can be purchased separately - see Step 2 below.
- Payment: All amounts in the table above are in Euros and cover payment by Credit Card only. Note: Credit card transactions are processed via PayPal (you do not need to have a PayPal account to pay with a credit card) so when paying you might see the amount due converted from Euros to your local currency. Your credit card statement will have a note PayPal*IASE.
- Payments by bank (wire) transfer: These are possible only until 1 August. Bank transfers will be handled by the ISI Office in Holland (and are paid in Euros!) — see details of cost and process of payment by a bank transfer. Please be aware that a bank transfer is more expensive for you since you also have to pay an extra transaction fee charged by your own bank, beyond the fee listed in the Details for bank transfers. Please send the scanned proof of payment to the organizers email@example.com
- Financial Support: IASE and ISI through the World Bank are providing some funds to support people from developing countries who are presenting a paper, workshop or poster at the Satellite. Requests for such funding must be received by 7 March 2019 at the latest. Online form and details are here.
- Registration of Authors of papers or posters: 5 May is the final date for registration and payment for presenting authors of papers or posters. At least one author for each paper or poster must be registered by that date, to enable its inclusion in the program. Papers without a registered author by 5 May will have to be removed.
- On-site payments: These will be possible using credit card payment only at the registration desk. No Bank cheques or cash will be accepted on-site.
- Non-members: Participants in this category will automatically benefit from 18 months IASE membership. The registration fee includes the IASE membership fee (until the end of 2020).
- Inclusion in the program and publications Only in-person presentations are acceptable. The final revised program and abstract book, that will reflect the actual sessions, will include only the presentations that were actually presented during the conference. Non-presenting authors will not be able to publish their papers in the proceedings, regardless of the fee payments.
- Accompanying: This category is to allow accompanying people to attend the conference dinner. If you are registering for the conference as a participant and you have a partner who wishes to attend the dinner, then please register them separately under this category, with dinner selected.
Step 2: Conference Dinner (optional)
Fee: 32 € per person (150 MR) if paid as part of the registration process and registration fee payment.
(Note: Fee for Dinner Ticket will be 38 € if paid on-site on 13 or 14 August. All payments on-site will be through PayPal).
The conference dinner will take place on Day 2, 15 August.
Step 3: Pre-conference workshops (optional)
Three pre-conference workshops are offered on Tuesday 13 August. They are all free for delegates and are in English.
Note: space is limited and pre-registration is required! Please choose no more than one workshop, and register only if you really intend to attend the workshop, to make sure all places are filled as we anticipate high demand.
For information about hotels (lodging) or about Kuala Lumpur and travel to Malaysia, please look under Local information. There you can also find information about the distance of the suggested conference hotels from the conference venue, transport advice, and more.