Within the overall theme Teaching Statistics in a Data Rich World we will focus on these sub-topics:
- Topic 1. Big data era, what does it mean for us statistics educators?
- Topic 2: Creating socially responsible societies with statistics,
- Topic 3: Statistics for social scientists, researchers and workers,
- Topic 4: Employability skills for statistics graduates,
- Topic 5: Special Session on Statistics Education in Africa.
Key dates in 2017
|15 December 2016||Abstract submission starts (see Notes below)|
|14 January||Abstract submission closes|
|07 February||Notification of abstract acceptance (see Notes below)|
|16 March||Registration for all participants opens|
|22 March||Final submission of refereed papers|
|30 April||Referee reports circulated to authors|
|30 April||Early (discounted) registration closes (regular fees start)|
|05 May||Final date for registration and payment for presenting authors of papers or posters. At least one author for each paper or poster must be registered by that date. This is necessary to ensure that the IPC can finalize the program in a timely manner.|
|31 May||Final submission of non-refereed papers and poster abstracts|
|15 June||Final submission of revised non-refereed papers and revised poster abstracts for checking by the Editor of Proceedings|
|04 July||Regular (online) registration closes (after that date, only on-site registration is possible, extra fee, credit card only)|
|11 - 14 July||Satellite Conference|
|15 July||Transfer to Marrakesh for WSC61 attendees (optional)|
|16-21 July||61th World Statistics Congress, Marrakesh (Opening ceremony: early evening, 16 July)|
|1 September||Deadline for submission of Papers, Posters, Keynotes, etc for the Satellite Proceedings|
|1 October||Publication of Satellite Proceedings (on the IASE website)|
- Submission of papers for refereeing is optional and is offered for those authors whose abstract was accepted for an Oral presentation as a Paper. Maximum paper length is 6 pages (total, including all body text, references, etc), as explained in the Instructions for Authors on the conference website (see Notices on the top menu for Guidelines for Preparation of Abstracts and Manuscripts as well as other templates and documents).
- All accepted abstracts, and accompanying papers and posters, whether refereed or not, will be listed in the Online Conference Proceedings on the IASE website (see timeline above), if submitted by the dates listed above. For authors who will not submit a full paper, only the abstract will appear in the proceedings. Refereed papers will be designated as "Refereed Papers" inside the proceedings PDF file.
Call for papers
The call for papers has now closed. We have lots of interesting papers and posters lined up for the conference. Authors of these have been contacted with submission details for their final copies. See guidelines on the Notices page.
Join us at the Conference
We invite you to participate at the Satellite and join us to contribute your knowledge, questions, and suggestions that can help to advance statistics education, and to learn from the work and thoughts of esteemed colleagues from around the world. The conference will include a mix of keynote talks, scientific sessions and workshops.