ONLINE REGISTRATION HAS NOW CLOSED — Now only on-site registration is possible.
This page includes information on registration procedures, pre-conference workshops, and conference dinner. For information about hotels, please look under Local information.
The registration involves three steps:
- Step 1 Choose a registration fee category (everybody must pay, including presenters). Please read carefully through note 2 below to decide which of the three fee categories applies to you, and whether you are entitled to a reduced fee.
- Step 2 Choose if to participate in the conference dinner (optional, cost and details below)
- Step 3 Choose if to participate in a pre-conference workshop (optional, free, details below, note the working language!).
Step 1: Registration Fees
|Registration Category||Early||Regular||On site|
|to 30 April||1 May to 4 July||11 July or later|
|1. Members of IASE, ISI, or other ISI associations||170 EUR||190 EUR||245 EUR|
|2. Non Members (to join IASE see Note 9)||230 EUR||250 EUR||310 EUR|
|3. Reduced fees (see Note 2)||85 EUR||95 EUR||125 EUR|
- All amounts in the table above are in EUR.
- Online registration ends: 4 July 2017. After that, only on-site registration is possible, on Day 1 of conference, by credit card only. For payment by bank transfer, see note 5 below.
- At least 1 presenting author from any accepted paper or poster should register and pay the fee by 5 May for the paper to be included in the program.
- Cancellation policy: Before you register, please be aware of our refund policy: Cancellation and refund policy
- Reduced fees: People from the following five groups are entitled to a reduced fee (i.e., to the fee listed in category 3 in the table above): students, primary and secondary school teachers, retired persons, delegates from the host country (Morocco), and delegates from any other developing country. If you belong to any of the above five groups you are entitled to a reduced fee, regardless of whether you are a member or a non-member of IASE/ISI/other ISI association. A list of all developing countries recognized by the ISI can be found here. Please check this list to decide if you are from a country that is entitled for a reduced fee.
- What the registration fee covers: Conference materials, admission to all sessions, opening and closing ceremonies, and coffee/tea breaks. It does not include Lunch or Dinner. A Conference Dinner Ticket can be purchased separately - see Step 2 below.
- Credit card and PayPal payment: All amounts in the table above are in EUR and cover payment by Credit Card only. Note: Credit card transactions are processed via PayPal (you do not need to have a PayPal account to pay with a credit card) so when paying you might see the amount due converted from EUR to your local currency. Your credit card statement will have a note PayPal*IASE. Link to Credit card and PayPal payments.
- Payments by bank (wire) transfer: These are possible only until 4 July. Bank transfers will be handled by the ISI Office in Holland (and are paid in Euro!) — see details of cost and process of payment by a bank transfer. Please be aware that a bank transfer is more expensive for you since you also have to pay an extra transaction fee charged by your own bank, beyond the fee listed in the Details for bank transfers. Please send the scanned proof of payment to the organizers firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration of Authors of papers or posters: 5 May is the final date for registration and payment for presenting authors of papers or posters. At least one author for each paper or poster must be registered by that date, to enable its inclusion in the program. Papers without a registered author by 5 May will have to be removed.
- On-site payments: Will be possible using credit card payment only at the registration desk. No Bank cheques or cash will be accepted on-site, given extra taxes due to Moroccan laws.
- How to become a member of IASE: If you are not an IASE or ISI member and want to benefit from the “member” reduced rate, first sign up as a member via the IASE membership page or the Online form, and only then register for the conference. The IASE membership fee is 45 Euro for persons from developed countries, and 14 Euro for persons from developing countries, students, primary and secondary school teachers, and retired. Come join us!
Step 2: Conference Dinner (optional)
Fee: 45EUR per person (if paid as part of the registration process and registration fee payment)(Note: Fee for Dinner Ticket will be 50EUR if paid on-site on 11 or 12 July. All payments on-site will be by credit card only).
The conference dinner will take place on Day 2, 13 July.
Step 3: Pre-conference workshops (optional)
Fee: Free (no charge, courtesy of the sponsors, thanks!)
Five pre-conference workshops are offered. They are free for delegates *but* space is limited and pre-registration is required! Please note the workshop language and choose carefully, only one! Please register only if you really intend to attend the workshop, to make sure all places are filled as we anticipate high demand. Click here for further details about the workshops and presenters
|B||Towards a country-level federated platform for big data and statistics education based on Amazon Web Services, AWS Educate and RosettaHUB||Karim Chine and Latifa Bouabdillah (RosettaHUB, UK)||11 July||09:00-12:00||English|
|C||See Why Students Love JMP||Volker Kraft (SAS Institute, Germany)||11 July||14:00-17:00||English|
|D||Reconceptualising Statistical Literacy||Jim Ridgway and James Nicholson (University of Durham, UK)||11 July||14:00-17:00||English|
|E||Using IPUMS Data to Address Sustainable Development Goals: Analysis of Real World Policy Challenges using Real World Data||Lara Cleveland and Kristen Jeffers (University of Minnesota, USA)||11 July||14:00-17:00||English|
For information about hotels (lodging) or about Rabat and travel to Morocco, please look under Local information. There you can also find information about the distance of the suggested conference hotels from the conference venue, transport advice, and more.