The 2017 IASE Satellite conference will be hosted by the Faculty of Sciences at the campus of the Mohammed V University of Rabat. The Campus venue is located at 4 Ibn Battouta Avenue, Rabat, not too far from the old city center and some other interesting and historical sites.
Map is showing location of the Faculty of Sciences, UM5.
Lunches will be provided on Wednesday and Thursday on the venue. We recommend you to use this option - will give you possibility to interact with colleagues. Lunch tickets will be sold at the conference registration desk.
- Price: 150MAD per lunch (bring exact cash, 300 for two lunches).
- Location: Palais Al Menzah see map
- Time: 20:00 - 22:00+
- Traditional Moroccan food and entertainment
- Price (at registration desk): 500MAD (payable in cash)
Bus will be provided for transportation to the restaurant and back to the city. The bus will depart right after the conference program ends from the Faculty of Sciences (18:00+). On the way to the restaurant, we will have a short visit to some Rabat historical sites (Hasan tower).
If you booked the dinner and didn't pay yet, or would like to purchase additional ticket, you can pay for the dinner in cash at the registration desk by Wednesday.
Arrival to Rabat
- Rabat airport: Public transportation to the city is available at any time, the trip to the Rabat by Taxi should not cost more than 10€
- Casablanca airport: There is a train station at the airport. In Rabat the train station is downtown and within a few minutes to the hotels. The trip by train is cheap (about 10EUR) but there is no train between 20:00 and 06:00. Taxis also are available. The trip to Rabat costs about 70EUR (for 6 travelers).
- Marrakesh airport: It is possible to travel by Taxi to Rabat by it should be very expensive. The best solution is to take a Taxi to Marrakech train station (it should be about 10EUR), and to travel to Rabat by train (about 20EUR).
Transportation to Marrakesh for WSC61 attendees
- A bus tour to Marrakesh on July 15 is planned (the offer I sent and in the form depends on the number of passangers). There are still seats available. If you want to see more info and reserve your seat, use this form.
- If you want to travel to Marrakesh in your own organization, the best is to take a train from Rabat to Marrakesh (about 20EUR).
Accommodation / Hotels
Delegates are invited to stay in one of the nearby hotels, which are close to the venue. Suggested hotels ar at a distance of less than 2km from the conference venue in the direction of the city center.
Below is a list of suggested hotels (You are also free to search for other hotels in that area and/or book your hotel directly via commercial websites such as Hotels.com or Booking.com). Enter the websites of the hotels below via the Links provided, if needed choose the "English" option on top. Note: rooms are subject to availability; due to high demand, you are advised to make your reservations soon.
In the selected hotels (see below) rooms with local proces are blocked until May 31.
After May 31, hotels will offer any roms left under the regular conditions and prices.
Reserve your room using our
We will send your pre-reservation to the selected hotel and they will contact you about the payment and conditions.
Helnan Chellah Hotel **** (70+ rooms)
2 Rue D'infi, about 15 min walk from the venue link
Room for 1 person : about 44€ with a breakfast.
Room for 2 persons: 720MAD (about 66€) with a breakfast.
Room for 2 persons: 870MAD (about 82€) with breakfast + dinner
Hotel La Capitale *** (10 rooms)
7 bis Rue Soussa, about 15 min walk from the venue link
Room with large bed 612 MAD (about 55€) with breakfast.
Room with twin bed 774 MAD (about 70€) with breakfast.
Oumlil Hotel **** (20 rooms)
31, Avenue OKBA - Agdal, about 10 minutes walk from the venue. link
Room for 1 person : 70€ with a breakfast and 90€ with a breakfast and 1 meal (Lunch or dinner).
Room for 2 persons: 100€ with a breakfast and 130€ with a breakfast and 1 meal (Lunch or dinner).
Hotel Ourida *** (10 rooms)
14 Rue Achaari, Agdal, about 10 min walk from the venue link
Room for 1 person : 40€ with a breakfast.
Room for 2 persons: 60€ with a breakfast.
Room for 3 persons: 70€ with a breakfast.
The University dorms (for students)
cost about 5€ a day. About 15 mn by the TRAM from the venue. If interested, contact LOC chair at email@example.com and use the form to record the reservation.
All prices are approximate (depend on exchange rate) and include tax.
Many visitors to Morocco do not need the visa. The list of visa free countries and instructions for visa application are available at WSC61 Visa site.
For helpful information about visiting Morocco visit WSC61 web site and select Useful Information.