The 2017 IASE Satellite conference will be hosted by the Faculty of Sciences at the campus of the Mohammed V University of Rabat. The Campus venue is located at 4 Ibn Battouta Avenue, Rabat, not too far from the old city center and some other interesting and historical sites.
Map is showing location of the Faculty of Sciences, UM5.
Arrival to Rabat
- Rabat airport: Public transportation to the city is available at any time, the trip to the Rabat by Taxi should not cost more than 10€
- Casablanca airport: There is a train station at the airport. In Rabat the train station is downtown and within a few minutes to the hotels. The trip by train is cheap (about 10EUR) but there is no train between 20:00 and 06:00. Taxis also are available. The trip to Rabat costs about 70EUR (for 6 travelers).
- Marrakesh airport: It is possible to travel by Taxi to Rabat by it should be very expensive. The best solution is to take a Taxi to Marrakech train station (it should be about 10EUR), and to travel to Rabat by train (about 20EUR).
Transportation to Marrakesh for WSC61 attendees
- We are working on organization of a bus tour to Marrakesh on July 15. More info will follow soon and will be sent by e-mail to the speakers and registered delegates.
- If you want to travel to Marrakesh in your own organization, the best is to take a train from Rabat to Marrakesh (about 20EUR).
Accommodation / Hotels
Delegates are invited to stay in one of the nearby hotels, which are close to the venue. Suggested hotels ar at a distance of less than 2km from the conference venue in the direction of the city center.
Below is the list of suggested hotels (You are also free to search for other hotels in that area and/or book your hotel directly via commercial websites such as Hotels.com or Booking.com).
Note: rooms are subject to availability; you are advised to make your reservations soon.
In the selected hotels (see below) rooms with local prices are blocked until May 31.
After May 31, hotels will offer any roms left under the regular conditions and prices.
Reserve your room using the
We will send your pre-reservation to the selected hotel and they will contact you about the payment and conditions.
Helnan Chellah Hotel **** (70+ rooms)
2 Rue D'infi, about 15 min walk from the venue link
- Room for 1 person : 70€ with breakfast.
- Room for 2 persons: 80€ with breakfast.
Hotel La Capitale *** (10 rooms)
7 bis Rue Soussa, about 15 min walk from the venue link
- Room with large bed: 55€ with breakfast.
- Room with twin bed: 70€ with breakfast.
Oumlil Hotel **** (20 rooms)
31, Avenue OKBA - Agdal, about 10 minutes walk from the venue. link
- Room for 1 person : 70€ with breakfast and 90€ with breakfast and 1 meal (Lunch or dinner).
- Room for 2 persons: 100€ with breakfast and 130€ with breakfast and 1 meal (Lunch or dinner).
Hotel Ourida *** (10 rooms)
14 Rue Achaari, Agdal, about 10 min walk from the venue link
- Room for 1 person : 40€ with breakfast.
- Room for 2 persons: 60€ with breakfast.
- Room for 3 persons: 70€ with breakfast.
The University dorms (for students)
cost about 5€ a day. About 15 mn by the TRAM from the venue. If interested, contact LOC chair at email@example.com and use the form to record the reservation.
All prices are approximate (depend on exchange rate) and include tax.
Reserve your room using the
Many visitors to Morocco do not need the visa. The list of visa free countries and instructions for visa application are available at WSC61 Visa site.
For helpful information about visiting Morocco visit WSC61 web site and select Useful Information.